Griffin Theatre Arts excites, engages and inspires children, young people and families in active participation and enjoyment of the arts. Our work is creative, original and educates through practical engagements that inspire exploration and thought. From the core of our work we will push boundaries, inspire new thinking and develop creativity.
WHAT WE DO
- We use the arts to entertain, educate, unite and inspire through the exploration and creation of original work, in a variety of tradition and non-traditional performance spaces. This could be through workshops, assemblies, CPD, creative projects or productions.
- We create high quality theatrical experiences for children and young people, with a special emphasis on schools, colleges, further and higher education.
- We create opportunities for families to engage and participate in the arts.
- We use the arts to explore and invigorate epic stories, revisiting universal themes and ideas in new, traditional and classical works.
- We ensure our work reaches out to and engages schools and communities in areas of social, economic and cultural deprivation.
- We create surprising, imaginative and responsive work that is playful and inventive, and that actively places its’ audiences and participants at its heart.
- We provide placements and opportunities for development for new and emerging artists.
- We actively engage and work collaboratively, with regionally based professional artists, practitioners and educators in artistic and arts education activity.
- We deliver and tour theatrical experiences and opportunities for participation, regionally, nationally and internationally.