Griffin Theatre Arts offer energetic, practical and inspirational teacher training sessions for primary school teachers by drama and education specialists.
Key Skills and Curriculum Links developed through Griffin Theatre Arts’ Teacher Training:
- Imagination, Creative Thinking, Speaking & Listening, Cooperation, Drama, Whole group story making and observation.
- English: Speaking and Listening (Speaking & Listening, Group Discussion and Interaction, Drama) English: Reading (Literature)
Cross Curricular Approach:
- During the sessions there will be cross curricular activities and the workshops will be accompanied by an activity pack which includes Cross Curricular activities inspired by the drama session and stories explored.
Griffin Theatre Arts aim to ensure that our training has a great and long lasting impact on the teachers that we work with.
- We provide comprehensive resources, including workshop plans and exercises.
- We delegate time within sessions for group discussion, answering questions, applying ideas to current schemes of work and expert on the spot advice.
- We offer a follow up service either through our website and over the telephone or through a post INSET visit depending on the needs and wishes of the school.
- All teachers are invited to become a Griff (Friends of Griffin Theatre Arts). Griffs receive our monthly online news bulletin with the latest arts and education news, an arts related activity or article and the latest news from Griffin Theatre Arts.
Some past comments from Sheffield based teachers on INSETS led by Griffin Theatre Arts’ Artistic Director:
- Excellent – so many different ideas to use in all areas. Very practical.
- Great fun – lots of activities to adapt to any story/theme – consistently high & enthusiastic delivery.
- Sarah delivered the drama workshop with enthusiasm and flair which was contagious! Really enjoyed it – learnt a lot and certainly lots of practical ideas to use in school.
- Very good practical and creative ideas. Really enjoyed the craft activity.
- Lots of ideals. Good resource pack with learning objective’s already identified.
- Gave me lots of ideas to take back to the classroom along with the teacher’s resources a packed morning with great ideas.
- The workshop was excellent and included some great ideas for back at school. The resource pack is very detailed and there is enough work to use for a full ½ term.
- I feel much more confident. Thank you
- Yes, it was really good fun and I have learnt lots of new ideas on how to deliver drama in relation to the Tudors.
- It was a rewarding experience because I had always shunned Shakespeare and now I can appreciate his ability to entertain and his complex plots thank you Sarah!
- I was expecting ideas for how to make Shakespeare come alive for younger children, it exceeded my expectations – lots of drama based practical ideas with cross- curricular links.
- I was expecting to learn how to introduce young children to Shakespeare and this workshop was brilliant at explaining this.
- Ideas of how to adapt Shakespeare for KS1. Yes
Practical approaches for KS1 Shakespeare, it surpassed my expectations as to what is possible for engaging this age group in the stories.